Earlier this week my hard drive died. Kaput. I don’t even really understand what a hard drive is, but I now know it holds everything that was on your computer. And when it dies, so does all your files. (Unless of course you have boy scout blood and dutifully back up your files nightly…which, squirm-blush, I do not.)
Alas, I now have a new hard drive and have been working on getting myself all set up again, so I thought today would be a good day to post the 7 Things About Me write up. I was tagged a couple weeks ago from Sherri at Serene Journey (have you checked out her fantastic blog yet?). I always enjoy reading personal tid-bits about the authors of blogs I read, so I said I’d play too.
1. I don’t do yoga (at least not very well)…my joints are just not limber and my mind is not nearly as calm and patient as a yoga class requires. But I do love to hike and take long walks in the woods and I find in those times my mind can clear itself from the busyness and chatter in no time.
2. My favorite Ben and Jerry flavor is Chocolate Fudge Brownie…and in close second is Cherry Garcia. Most times though, my ideal desert is a frozen chocolate covered banana.
3. During my college years in California I had 9 best friends that did everything together– and we are still very close. We have yearly reunion trips, share a blog together, and are now having babies along side each other even though we live across different states and oceans. Being back home in New Jersey, I spend most of my time with my best friend from grade school. I consider my girlfriends to be one of my most valuable treasures in life.
4. One of my dreams is to hike the Inca Trail to Macchu Pichu.
5. I love to paint and once had a gallery showing in California.
6. Some of my favorite smells are desert sage, freshly cut grass, a summer rain on hot asphalt, my daughter’s breath, frankincense, and any citrus smell (tangerine, grapefruit, lemon).
7. We just bought a house! This past weekend, during the home inspection, we found a robin’s nest with four gorgeous bright blue eggs in the outside window sill of one of the rooms. Beautiful.
Now, I would absolutely LOVE to hear about YOU– what are some little things about you? Mention whatever you’d like…I can’t wait to read them!