Mark the calendars! I’ve got a great week coming up.
Get ready for a five day series (monday through friday, may 17-21) covering all things cleansing.
Grab your copy of the Real Food Cleansing eBook for more details on the topics or you can simply join in the discussion through the posts and comments during the series.
Expect to explore these topics next week:
- 20 excellent reasons we should cleanse our bodies.
- The #1 way women bring toxicity into their bodies
- How to set realistic goals for your cleanse.
- How to tell if you are ready for a cleanse.
- Who should not cleanse.
- Guidelines to determine when and for how long you should cleanse.
- The key to choosing the right cleanse for you, right now in your life.
- What specific foods to include during a Springtime cleanse.
- The 2 main purposes of non-food cleansing supports and how to choose ones that are right for you.
- The most common mistakes people make when cleansing and how to avoid them.
Today, I’m at Simple Mom, hop over to see how noisy your diet is-– a great indicator that you’d benefit from a gentle cleanse (hint hint 🙂 ).
If you have a blog, a moms group listserv, or friends you’d like to share the series with– link to this post, so we can spur each other on as we plan for our Spring Cleanse!
Let me know…What specific questions do you have about cleansing?
Can you do a cleanse safely while breastfeeding? Would the toxins deposit themselves into breastmilk, thereby passing them directly to my baby?
I’d have to state an obligatory disclaimer here and say for the record that, of course, if you are pregnant or nursing check with a trusted health care professional to be sure the changes you want to make in your diet are beneficial and safe for you right now.
With that being said– let me tell you what I do when I’m breastfeeding 🙂 In my guide I outline a number of different options…and many of those start very slow with simple “replacement” cleanses. That is identifying foods that are adding toxins or are detrimental to your health and that are already in your diet– and working a doable plan to replace them with healthy cleansing options. I can not see any reason why cleaning up your diet would be negative to your baby– if anything cleaning your diet would produce higher quality milk.
There are certain teas, herbs and supplements that draw out toxins more rapidly and I would absolutely steer clear of them while breastfeeding.
Overall, I think common sense would be best here– and I can confidently say that there are many cleansing options that move your diet toward an overall healthier place (without stripping you of important macronutrients or accelerating too fast the removal of toxins) – these are options outlined in my guide too.
Hope that helps!