Our final day together for 7 Days to Calm!
Congratulations! I’m so thrilled to have journeyed with you this week.
My greatest hope is that you were able to carve out just a few moments every day for these tools.
I’ve included a Calm Mama Cheat Sheet pdf download for you to print out and keep nearby to be reminded of the tools we explored together.
Maybe pinning it to your kitchen bulletin board or taping it on your bathroom mirror for a week will help remind you to put these tools into practice more often?
Day 7 is still waiting for you to explore it…dive in now!
Inhale through your nose to the count of 4, exhale (either through your nose or mouth) to the count of 8. Particularly useful when you are having a lot of stressful thoughts.
A. Cup your forehead in one hand and the nape of your neck in the other hand and hold for 30 seconds. Counting to 30 is a great way to keep your mind focused.
B. Put your thumbs at your temples, pads of your fingers at the
center of your forehead and count to 30 seconds while calmly breathing.
- Begin tapping with your fingers at your forehead for a few seconds.
- Move down to your temples on either side of your eyes still tapping and take a deep breath.
- Continue tapping behind your ears to the slight ridge on your skull and take another deep breath.
- Continue tapping down the sides of your neck onto your shoulders and take another deep breath.
- Butterfly Pose: Sit with your legs out in front, slightly bent at knees, feet together about 12-18 inches in front of your body. Stack your fist and put them on your feet. Bend from your waist and lower your forehead onto your fists. Rest there for 30 seconds or more.
- Child’s Pose: Kneel with your knees together and lower your behind onto your heals. Reach your arms out in front of you as you lower your torso and lay your forehead on the ground in front of you.
- Begin with Calm Hold B from Day 2.
- With firm pressure pull across your forehead with the pads of your fingers.
- Move your fingers up over the top of your head a couple inches and pull again. Continue to move your fingers up and over the top of your head and keep pulling the skin apart until you get to the top of your neck.
- Move your fingers to the top of your shoulders and pull down toward the front of your body.
- Now take the pads of your fingers and tap along this same line over your head. Now tap behind your ears and down the back of your neck and down to the end of your shoulders.
- Now bring your fingers together and tap just under where your collar bones come together in your chest area.
- Now thump with a closed fist right above your thymus gland at the center of your chest.
- Remember to keep breathing calmly and deeply throughout this whole exercise.
7 Days to Calm was designed as a supplement to my book, Replenish which explores the 7 Core Essentials critical to have in our lives if we are going to care for and nourish our deepest well-being.