Day 5 of our 7 Days together!
Today is a new day…so regardless of what you’ve been able to do up to now, take this moment to say yes to yourself and to your own growth.
Looking forward to sharing today’s tool with you…
Inhale through your nose to the count of 4, exhale (either through your nose or mouth) to the count of 8. Particularly useful when you are having a lot of stressful thoughts.
A. Cup your forehead in one hand and the nape of your neck in the other hand and hold for 30 seconds. Counting to 30 is a great way to keep your mind focused.
B. Put your thumbs at your temples, pads of your fingers at thecenter of your forehead and count to 30 seconds while calmly breathing.
- Begin tapping with your fingers at your forehead for a few seconds.
- Move down to your temples on either side of your eyes still tapping and take a deep breath.
- Continue tapping behind your ears to the slight ridge on your skull and take another deep breath.
- Continue tapping down the sides of your neck onto your shoulders and take another deep breath.
- Butterfly Pose: Sit with your legs out in front, slightly bent at knees, feet together about 12-18 inches in front of your body. Stack your fist and put them on your feet. Bend from your waist and lower your forehead onto your fists. Rest there for 30 seconds or more.
- Child’s Pose: Kneel with your knees together and lower your behind onto your heals. Reach your arms out in front of you as you lower your torso and lay your forehead on the ground in front of you.
7 Days to Calm was designed as a supplement to my book, Replenish which explores the 7 Core Essentials critical to have in our lives if we are going to care for and nourish our deepest well-being.